To support the account leads with the implementation of technical marketing programs that span marketing automation, a/b testing, landing page creation, tag management, analytics tracking, analyzing campaign results, and direction of supporting developers/designers with a positive can do attitude.
- Tracking and tag management: Work with developers to implement data taxonomy specifications and updates in Google Tag Manager for Segment, Google Analytics, Amplitude, and the broader marketing technology stack
- A/B testing: Configure and launch A/B tests and promotions using tools like Google Optimize, Unbounce, and OptinMonster
- Marketing automation: Set up and configure email marketing and automation tools to support lead generation, CRM integration and various nurture/marketing campaigns
- Analysis and reporting: Use analytics, google sheets and more to review, analyze and report on campaign performance, test results, and client KPIs
- Project management: Provide accurate and detailed specifications for work to direct designers/developers to support you and give you the assets/code you need to execute client projects
- QA: Review tests, website updates, automations, and tracking/tag management using Browserstack and analytics debugging tools.
Skills, talents, and experiences needed to create superior results:
- 5+ years’ experience using a variety of marketing technologies to implement campaigns, analytics and marketing efforts
- High level of expertise in configuring and implementing campaigns in marketing and analytics tools
- Expertise in web analytics, tag management, a/b testing, web content management, and marketing automation
- Skilled at breaking down complex initiatives into actionable tasks and seeing them through to completion
- Able to collaborate and communicate with a remote team, while providing strong direction to the developers and designers who will make you successful
- Experience working in an agency or professional services environment supporting multiple simultaneous clients
- Proven success in learning new technologies and tools and using them to achieve marketing goals
- Never settle: Sweat the details so that your clients’ campaigns go off without a hitch every time
Must have expert-level knowledge in three or more of the following platforms (certification is a plus):
- Google Analytics
- Google Data Studio
- Google Optimize
- Google Tag Manager
- SQL queries and reporting
Observable indicators to let you know you are performing well in this role:
- Website Tagging and Tracking: Be able to independently lead the implementation of a provided tracking spec/taxonomy in Google Tag Manager and Segment
- A/B Testing: Configure and launch A/B tests in Google Optimize, Unbounce, and OptinMonster without supervision
- Marketing automation: Build user journeys, map forms, and create automations between the website, automation platform, and third party services for commerce/fulfillment/webinars (Autopilot, Zapier, ActiveCampaign)
- Reporting: Must be able to build funnel reports and provide analysis of campaign success
- Project management: Ensure campaigns are delivered on schedule by yourself and supporting contractors with 90% on-time delivery
- QA: Review A/B tests, website updates, automations, and tracking/tag management, delivering 90% defect-free results
- Client Performance: In concert with the account team, accomplish 90% of client objectives within the project timeline
- Flexible work schedule
- Work from anywhere, fully-remote position
- Premium health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive salary with opportunities for bonus’
- All federal holidays off
- Company computer, ultrawide monitor and accessories
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development
- Continued education and training that exceeds what you have ever seen before
McGaw.io’s core client base sells online, and we help them achieve growth through AB testing, marketing automation, data-driven insights, marketing operations, and analytics.
The Technical Marketing Manager is an internal role, responsible for hands-on implementation as well as management and coordination of supporting external contractors and vendors. As the Technical Marketing Manager, you will work with account leads to execute winning growth marketing for our diverse client base. This is a highly technical role and the ideal candidate should be passionate about marketing technologies and know how to select, configure, and make these tools deliver results.
The Technical Marketing Manager will become an expert in all the tools our clients need to be successful - across tag management, web analytics, testing and CRO tools, and marketing automation. The Technical Marketing Manager will collaborate with the account leads to design marketing programs and identify the right technical and strategic approach, and will then be responsible for the execution and analysis of the results. They will be able to oversee the work of contributing developers and designers, and provide direction and QA to ensure perfect execution every time.
During your first 90 days, you will be expected to quickly train and ramp up on the tools we use. (Be prepared to learn how much you don’t know!) As you get up to speed, you will be involved in delivering diverse client campaigns, setting up website tracking, and learning the ins and outs of the accounts you are contributing to. This on-the-job experience will be complemented by a combination of direct training from team members, as well as self-guided classes and training materials.
As you reach the end of your third month, you will be expected to work increasingly independently. You will also be expected to become certified with certain platforms (if you aren’t already).
By the end of your 6th month, you can be relied on by the account teams for them to hand off complex marketing initiatives, which you will build out, execute, and provide reports on campaign results, without a high degree of direct oversight.
If you’re a martech superstar, we want to meet you.